Tuesday 31 May 2011

Manic Pop Thrills podcast

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of returning to St Andrews after twenty years. During my stay I was well looked after by Yvonne and Mike Melville, and it was a delight to record a podcast for Mike's excellent Manic Pop Thrills blog. Mike and I have distinctly similar tastes in music.

Part 1 is up first; I rabbited on for so long that Mike had to split the podcast into two. During the podcast I talk about music and writing, and we introduce a few songs along the way. Mike will get part 2 up soon.

http://manicpopthrills.wordpress.com/

Thanks to Yvonne and Fife libraries for making the trip possible. My talk (not the podcast) was part of the Sci-Fife program - Iain M Banks has already appeared, and Ken Macleod will be talking later in the year (with, I think, Charles Stross at some point as well). It's a brilliant initiative and well worth checking out if you live in the area. Thanks also to Waterstones for their support on the night.

Sci-Fife

No comments:

Post a Comment